More about Allsup Medicare Advisor®
Allsup Medicare Advisor is a fee-based counseling service designed to help people who are eligible for Medicare – whether due to disability or age – choose the Medicare option that best meets their needs.
1. What is included in Allsup Medicare Advisor?
Allsup Medicare Advisor examines all your Medicare options, whether you’re interested in learning more about traditional Medicare (Parts A and B), Medicare Advantage, Part D (prescription drug coverage) or Medigap (supplemental plans). Our service includes:
- Access to our Medicare experts who will research your options;
- One-to-one support: we walk you through the process of deciding on a plan and enrolling in that plan;
- Education on how the different types of Medicare plans work;
- Options for added convenience, such as online access to the Allsup Medicare Advisor service and our extensive resources; and
- A detailed report tailored to your needs, outlining all your options.
2. Once I’ve chosen the Allsup Medicare Advisor, what happens?
If you decide to use the Allsup Medicare Advisor, we’ll ask what you’re looking for in a Medicare plan, including which doctors you visit, prescription drugs you take, health conditions you may have and more.
Then, we will research all the Medicare plans available to you, identifying those most likely to meet your needs from the dozens of plans usually available in a local area. After we’ve pinpointed the plans that fit your criteria, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive report
highlighting those plans and will review it with you in detail, helping you enroll in a plan of your choice.
3. What information does the Allsup Medicare Advisor report contain?
Your Allsup Medicare Advisor report will include the following:
- A recap of the information you provided us in your questionnaire
- A summary page listing the plans in your area that are most likely to meet your stated needs
- General plan comparisons between your top three plans and traditional Medicare
- Detailed charts listing most of the features of your top three plans
- Plan ratings information so you know how these plans stack up against other plans in your area
- Next steps
4. Does Allsup recommend one type of Medicare plan over another?
In our experience, Medicare Advantage plans that include prescription drug coverage work best for individuals eligible for Medicare due to disability. Not only do Medicare Advantage plans allow people to get all of their medical and prescription drug coverage in one place, they often offer extra benefits not typically covered under Medicare, such as vision and dental insurance. Plus, Medicare Advantage plans are required to accept most Medicare-eligible people, regardless of health status.
If you would like to learn more about all the Medicare options that may be available to you, including traditional Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Part D and Medigap, click here
. If you would like to speak to an Allsup Medicare Advisor
specialist, you may email
us, chat with us now
or call us at (866) 521-7655.
5. I’ve been told that even though I can get Medicare, I’m not eligible for Medicare Advantage. What can I do?
If you’ve been informed that you can’t use Medicare Advantage due to the type of disability you have (such as end-stage renal disease, or ESRD), you still have options. Allow Allsup Medicare Advisor to help you review the Medicare choices available to you to ensure you get the coverage you need.
6. I’m not interested in a Medicare Advantage plan. Can you still help me?
Yes. Healthcare coverage is not one-size-fits-all, and because everyone has different needs and goals, Medicare Advantage might not be your first choice. Based on the information you provide us, we will review your other Medicare options, such as those under Medicare Part D and Medigap, to help you find the coverage that works for you.
7. What if I have certain doctors I want to continue to see?
An Allsup Medicare Advisor specialist will review all the available plans in your area - with your preferences in mind, including which doctors you see. We confirm if your doctors are in the top plans, and if your doctors don’t participate in those plans, we will tell you which doctors do.
8. Is it necessary to review my Medicare Advantage (MA) plan every year?
Medicare plan prices and availability change every year. And so might your healthcare needs. So a plan that was relatively inexpensive this year may be more expensive next year. Some plans may be discontinued completely. While it’s not required that you review all your options every year, we strongly recommend that you do so to make sure you’re getting the coverage that is right for you.
9. What if my circumstances change? For example, what happens if I move?
If you experience certain changes, you should have your Medicare options re-evaluated. Changes include:
- Moving outside the area your plan covers
- Traveling more
- Moving into or out of a long-term-care facility
- Becoming eligible for low-income subsidy
10. Do you have more information on Medicare?
Yes, we have an extensive listing of frequently asked questions on our website. Click here for our Medicare FAQs.
If you’re not certain whether you should review your Medicare options again, don’t hesitate to contact us either via email or by calling (866) 521-7655.
The analysis and results produced by Allsup Medicare Advisor® are heavily based on the information provided by individual subscribers to the service. As such, Allsup assumes no liability resulting from inaccurate, incomplete, or invalid information provided by Allsup Medicare Advisor subscribers. Subscribers are also solely responsible for coordinating their Medicare coverage with any benefits and health insurance coverage offered through an employer or otherwise. Additionally, plan information provided in the report is obtained from the Medicare plans and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, which manages the plan data. Allsup is not liable for inaccurate, incomplete or invalid information supplied by Medicare or participating Medicare plans.
Allsup does not provide tax, legal, investment, insurance, financial planning or medical advice or counsel under the Allsup Medicare Advisor and related services. You are responsible for making all decisions with respect to the products or services you utilize under the Allsup Medicare Advisor, including but not limited to selecting a Medicare plan that best matches your needs, and for obtaining any personal tax, legal, investment, financial planning, medical or other advice or counsel that you believe is necessary or advisable with respect to such products or services. To review the full Allsup Medicare Advisor terms and conditions, visit www.amaterms.com. If you would like to have the terms and conditions mailed to you, please let us know and we will be happy to send you a copy. After you make your selection, Allsup may or may not receive a commission from the plan provider you choose.